RSS

Jade Plants / Crassula




Jade Plants / Crassula

I bought my Jade from Wallmart in 4" pot, it was only $4 .
This plant is easy to grow , you don't need to have green thumb to grow it.

Light : prefers bright light to full sun. When the weather is warm or hot , I put them outside but I don't leave them under the sun for more than 6 hours , it can burn their leaves.

Soil : Good soil potting, well draining soil.

Water : In warm /hot weather, water them when the soil surface is dry 1-2 inch deep. In winter reduce watering 1-2 weeks or even less.

Fertilizer : Use high nitrogen fertilizer. I use Miracle Grow liquid fertilizer. Use fertilizer only when they're growing; usually in spring or summer . Over fertilizing can burn the root and leaves.

Propagation : Stem cutting . I propagated a small stem around the end of December 2008. It was very simple; just cut the stem and stick in the soil and water it.
I didn't give it any special treatment and now they are growing.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment