RSS

Plumeria

 

 Plumeria/Frangipani/Kamboja.

Plumeria/Frangipani/Kamboja is an exotic and beautiful tropical plants. Kamboja is the common name of Plumeria in my country Indonesia.  Plumerias are often planted on cemetery area but for most Balinese, they use this flowers in  temple. Nowdays, Plumeria can be found in the city areas.
Here in America, Plumerias are easily found in Hawai and South Florida. In Hawai , Plumeria is used to make the fragrant Hawaian Lei. They welcome the visitor with Plumeria's arrangement.


According to hystory, the Plumeria name was named in honor of Charles Plumier, he was a botanist.
Plumeria is a tropical species but most wild plumerias were found in hot areas in rocky and poor soil.
Based on these natures,  plumeria can be grown anywhere not only in tropical climate. I pick Plumeria as one of my tropical plant collection.

Plumeria can be grown from seed or cutting. For me growing plumeria is a reward. It was not that easy when I started it because I did not know how to grow,  but by reading info about plumerias from internet and reading book,  . Finally, I could grow them and still keep learning by growing. I recommended to purchase this book Click Here!
This book is very helpful, I have been searching book about Plumeria in local Library where I live but I can't find it. I am glad that somebody finally make a book about How to grow Plumeria.


Unfortunately, Plumeria's cutting and seed can be purchased only from specific nursery, online such as Ebay, Amazon or even in Garden Expo in your local city. I used to purchase seed from Ebay. Sometime Lowes or HomeDepo sell rooted plumeria plant in summer time. When you are purchasing rooted plants, cutting or seed from other country, make sure to check with your local custom. They may require special document such as Phytosanitary certificate.

Why do I like growing Plumeria :

1. Plumerias are beautiful exotic plants, the flowers are mostly fragrant, have various colors and intoxcicating.
2. Plumeria is easy to grow and required little care once you learn how to grow.
3. Plumeria can be planted in container or in the ground.
4. If you are entrepreneur, you could make money by growing plumeria since this plant has good price in market and not many competitions. Is that cool???
5. It is a challenge and reward.

Consider Plumeria as your collection.



  

 


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment