RSS

Growing Adenium From Seed




Adenium seed


Baby adenium

I finally succeed to grow adenium Obesum from seed on beginning of May 2009 after previous failure that I made.  I had searched on the net to figure out how to grow adenium from seed, there are many articles out there. I learned from the mistakes, I also did some experiments to use different kind of soil to germinate until I figured it out the best methode for me . Unfortunately here in USA, adenium seed can be purchased only from specific nursery or online shop such as Ebay or Amazon.

3 important things you should know to grow adenium from seed .

1. Seed viability. Choose fresh seed, fresh means viable. Ask seller how fresh the seed.
2. Keep the soil moist and humid.
3. Germinate in warm temperature.

Tips : To get best result add superthrive. 1 tsp for 1 gallon water.

Steps how to grow adenium from seed :

1. Soak the seeds in warm water for 12 hours.
2. Rinse.
3. Soak the seeds for another 2 hours in water mixed with superthrive (1/4 Teaspoon for 1 gallon).
4. Rinse, but do not throw away the water , use it to mix with the soil.
5. Prepare soil, I recommend cactus soil or well drained soil and put them in container with hole.
6. Water well soil until water drain out . If you may add superthrive when you are watering the soil. As my experiences superthrive helps germination.
7. Put the seeds horizontal and press gently. Do not cover with soil .
8. Cover with plastic to increase humidity.
9. Place in the warm spot avoid direct sun.

They used to germinate in 3-6 days.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment